Maintain Accounts Receivable Invoices/Cash Receipts within the Guidelines of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Astec Industries, Inc. policy as directed by the Financial Accounting Manager. This Accounts Receivable Accountant position is available at Astec - Yankton (formerly Kolberg-Pioneer) located in Yankton, South Dakota.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Process invoices, credit memos, and statements in an accurate and timely fashion. Mail invoices and credit memos daily and statements monthly. All invoices MUST be compared with billing codes/product line before general ledger posting.
- Apply cash receipts on a daily basis.
- Collect past due accounts and research any account discrepancies between the company and customer.
- Complete all sales and accounts receivable reports for corporate accounting.
- File documentation in an orderly and consistent manner.
- Maintain customer listing.
- Handling Audit requests.
- Obtain and analyze Dun & Bradstreet reports for customer credit reviews. Recommend credit limits and terms of payment to Financial Accounting Manager for approval.
- Request financial and other information from customers and maintain a current credit file on each.
- Complete annual internal credit scoring report for determining dealer credit limits.
- Complete and file all documentation related to maintaining a security interest in company-owned equipment.
- Submit monthly collection report updates and organize monthly credit review meetings with President, VP of Sales & Marketing, Parts Manager, Financial Accounting Manager, and Controller.
- Coordinate and document past-due customer accounts turned over to collection agencies.
- Analyze and process General Ledger warranty accounts. Attend monthly meeting.
- Provide monthly account analysis for General Ledger accounts responsible for.
- Executes internal Sarbanes-Oxley control responsibilities with diligence and integrity. These internal control responsibilities are communicated to the person fulfilling this position, and periodic feedback is provided as it relates to performance of internal control responsibilities.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Provide assistance and/or perform other related duties as assigned by the Financial Accounting Manager.
- High school diploma required. An Associate’s degree in Accounting or Bookkeeping, or comparable experience preferred.
- Ability to operate general office equipment including telephone, compute, calculator, photocopier, and fax machine. Ability to use database software, Internet software, and E-mail. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel required.
- Familiarity with an ERP system preferred. Report writing skills, preferably with Crystal Reports.
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties in a normal business office environment and use the associated office machines and equipment, with minor exposure to industrial noise, fumes, smoke, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended as a guide only. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent’s supervisor.
There is no specified term connected with your employment. Employment is at-will and termination by either party is also at-will. An Offer should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific duration. In addition, your duties and/ or compensation may change from time to time based on the needs of Astec and your skills as determined by Astec.
Employee’s Review of Job Description
I have reviewed and understand the job details, essential duties, qualifications and physical demands of this position and can perform this job as described.