A. Education Level:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or Associates degree and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
B. Experience Desired:
One to two years in a similar position
C. Physical Requirements:
Constant hand-eye/mind-eye coordination, hearing; intermittent keyboarding, use of wrists, hands, fingers, speaking, typing and writing. Frequent filing, sitting, standing and walking. The ability to communicate verbally and in writing is also required.
D. Other Requirements:
Under only limited general supervision, conducts the day-to-day operations of the Business Office. Applicant must possess a high degree of responsibility, initiative
and ability, plus the usual secretarial capabilities. Ability to maintain confidential information.
REPORTS TO: Business Manager
RECEIVES GUIDANCE FROM: Building & Grounds Supervisor; Child Nutrition Supervisor
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: (other duties may be assigned)
- Performs a variety of executive support tasks that are highly confidential and sensitive.
- Demonstrates a high level of communication skills in writing, grammar, oral communication and listening.
- Possesses advanced Microsoft application skills, primarily Word and Excel.
- Primary receptionist for incoming calls and visitors determining which are priority matters, and alerts the Business Manager accordingly.
- Demonstrates strong public relations skills, e.g., proper telephone etiquette, customer service and uses diplomacy in dealing with a variety of situations.
- Assists with incoming mail sort functions.
- Prepares daily bank deposits and card reconciliations.
- Reviews, proofreads and edits documents prepared by the Business Manager.
- Assists with preparation of bidding and procurement documents, publication of legal notices, bid opening & tabulation, contract awards and purchase orders as necessary.
- Assists with preparation and publication of official school board meeting minutes and notices.
- Backup to Transportation Coordinator, including communication with drivers, principals, building secretaries and parents regarding bus discipline reports and messages.
- Assists in preparation of annual bus driver manuals including routes, maps, rosters, calendar, etc.
- Facilitates record keeping for driver licensing, drug-testing and physical examinations as required by law.
- Inputs invoices for accounts payable functions.
- Notary Public for district-wide needs.
- Has working knowledge of school district policies and procedures.
- Performs responsibilities in a self-motivated manner; certain job functions need to be completed on an annual or recurring basis without being reminded.
- Must be highly organized, able to maintain accurate files and data that can be accessed quickly.
- Prepares and assists with various state and federal reports and data surveys as necessary.
- Operates central copy machine and production equipment as needed.
- Utilizes strong people skills in developing and maintaining professional relationships with students, administration, teaching staff and classified employees.
- Functions in a work environment that requires many pending tasks in process at all times.
- Responds positively to unexpected changes in work tasks.
- Maintains composure during stressful situations.
- Is involved in the hiring process for classified and classified professional persons, preparing contracts, work agreements and amendments under the direction of the Business Manager
- Act as the Elections Coordinator for the School District to insure that ballots, voter information pamphlets, election supplies and equipment are accurately prepared within prescribed deadlines.Work requires extreme attention to detail, considerable accuracy, and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Business Manager.