Job Description: The teaching position will be a full time teaching position. The teacher will be required to attend daily team meetings, all staff meetings, department meetings, and assigned committee meetings. Other activities, planning and coordination of curriculum will be expected. The qualified applicant should exemplify the criteria listed below
- Valid South Dakota teaching certificate.
- One of the following (or more) Middle School teaching endorsements.
- 2003 - 5-8 Middle Level Education - Science
- 2004 - 5-8 Middle Level Education – Math
- 6710 – K-12 Educational Technology
- 2002 – 5-8 Middle Level Education – Social Science
- 2001 – 5-8 Middle Level Education – Language Arts
- 22151-Career Exploration
- Strong academic background in STEM Education
- Understanding of Common Core Standards
- Strong communication and planning skills.
- Ability to work with adolescents and understand the middle school philosophy.
- Knowledge of current technology to facilitate learning.
- Work well with cooperating teachers.
- Develop community relations related to careers at the middle school level.