The School Nutrition Data Specialist shall preform responsible accounting support functions in the preparation, maintenance and processing of food service financial or statistical records or reports; To provide support for a variety of Food Service Department functions; to serve as a resource person for assigned accounting support areas; and to do related work as required.
A. Education Level: High school diploma
B. Experience Desired: Traditional secretarial/office skills, bookkeeping/QuickBooks or similar software
C. Physical Requirements: Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk for extended periods. Normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
D. Other Requirements: Ability to type accurately, in positions requiring keyboards, gather, compare and summarize data from a variety of sources, computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Excel and Word applications, communicate information clearly and concisely, formulate logical and reasonable conclusions for available information, establish and maintain effective working conditions with other employees and the general public.
REPORTS TO: Child Nutrition Supervisor
RECEIVES GUIDANCE FROM: Child Nutrition Supervisor and Child Nutrition Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Works with food service accounting software.
- Assists CN Supervisor on NSLP agreements and grant applications.
- Reconciles daily deposits.
- Receives and processes free/reduced applications checking for completeness and accuracy and determining eligibility within established guidelines.
- Verifies applications eligible by direct certification programs.
- Prepares routine forms and reports.
- Prepares food service accounts payable.
- Maintains inventory records and receipting invoices.
- Accurately composes correspondence, notices and memos as assigned.
- Records and tracks professional training hours for CN staff.
- Balance bank statement with My School Bucks and FFVP and NSLP claim payments
- Prepare NSLP and Fruit & Vegetable grant claims.
- Assist CN Supervisor with managing and collecting on lunch accounts.
- Assist Child Nutrition Supervisor with Summer Food Program.
- Substitute as a cashier if needed.
- Data entry for nutrient analysis.
- Record keeping and filing of SNP records.
- Conduct Year End close out processes as set forth by the administration office.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.