Dentist (Dental Officer)
Serves as a staff Dental Officer at a Bureau of Prisons federal correctional facility.
Utilizes technical skills and professional judgement to provide a full range of dental services to the inmate population.
Responsible for diagnosis and treatment of difficult dental problems in a correctional environment.
Provides comprehensive dental care to the inmate population, who may have behavior and communication problems.
Assists in the coordination of the dental program, providing input regarding proposed modifications to operating procedures.
Assists in establishing and maintaining quality control measures to ensure final product conforms to standards set forth by the American Dental Association, National Board for Certification of Dental Technicians and the Dental Service of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
Assists in the direction and coordination of production of finished prosthetic appliances in accordance with the requirements submitted.
Along with all other correctional institution employees, incumbent is charged with responsibility for maintaining security of the institution. The staff correctional responsibilities precede all others required by this position and are performed on a regular and recurring basis.
For consideration at the GS-12 level
- you have two years of professional dentistry experience and/or training
- you have demonstrated superior academic ability
For consideration at the GS-13 level
You must have three years of professional dentistry experience and/or training to at least that of a Board eligible, where your experience and/or training consists of one of the following:
- post-licensure professional experience in the general practice of dentistry
- approved internship training
- approved residency training
- graduate-level study in an accredited dental school
- post-licensure professional experience in a specialized area of practice
- other advanced study or training outside of dental school or hospital creditable towards satisfaction of training program requirements for Board eligibility.
We value your unique contribution to our collaborative team medicine approach of providing health care. Come and experience a level of clinical diversity and continuity of care not commonly available in the private sector.
- A supportive, safe, and secure environment with opportunity for growth and advancement.
- A competitive federal government salary and benefits, including health care and retirement.
- Potential for loan repayment.
- Potential for recruitment incentives.
- Flexible work options.