- The Avera Medical Group (AMG) Social Worker serves as an important component of the clinical care team.
- He/she is responsible for the planning, organization and implementation of social work services to patients and families in the clinic setting, assuring that medically related emotional and social needs are addressed on an individual basis for the patient.
- The AMG Social Worker is responsible to assess needs of patients facing chronic illness and facilitate plans with patient/family to promote effective care.
- He/she will maintain a current knowledge base of available community agencies and resources to facilitate appropriate referrals.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited Social Work Program required.
- Licensed as a Social Worker in the State of South Dakota and Nebraska required
- Qualified Mental Health Professional Credential (in South Dakota and Nebraska) preferred
- Certified Social Worker in Private or Independent Practice (CSW-PIP) preferred