Job Location: Yankton, SD
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
Job Summary: In this key role, the HR Manager is a strategic business partner with the location management lead team; performs Human Resources related duties and carries out responsibilities in all aspects of the Human Resources process. The HR Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager, Hydro Yankton with a strong indirect responsibility to the Region HR Manager.
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
- BS Degree in HR, Business or related field, MBA is preferred
- SPHR or PHR certification is a plus
- Technical expertise in Human Resources including compensation, benefits, training and development, payroll administration, etc.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively with managers, supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Abilities to lead improvement processes within various areas and levels of the organization
- Proven experience with successful leadership administering HR programs.
- Fluency in English, any other languages a plus, preferred Spanish.
- Investigation and conflict resolution experience is required.
Care, Courage, & Collaboration
At Hydro We care about our People!
We care about Safety!
- Provides business partnership, advice, and coaching to the peer leadership team and Plant Manager.
- Administers the internal bidding process for salaried and hourly positions.
- Facilitates dispute resolution process as need; conducts investigations to uncover root cause of people issues.
- Determines effective strategies for addressing future workforce needs.
- Drives the Performance Management and Succession Planning processes.
- Ensures compliance with laws, regulations, company values, and Hydro policies and procedures.
- Serves as driving force and an enabler to provide proactive change management practices and help drive the safety culture at the facility.