Prince Manufacturing Corporation
Centrally located in Nebraska and South Dakota, with facilities in North Sioux City, SD, Yankton, SD, Brookings, SD, Hartington, NE and South Sioux City, NE. Prince Manufacturing Corporation is a U.S. manufacturer of hydraulic cylinders and valves. Check us out at www.princehyd.com.
We are seeking an experienced Office Administrator at our Yankton, SD location to oversee the daily operations of the office. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact on the organization for an energetic professional dedicated to providing top notch services as well as building and maintaining a diverse environment. This position is a blend of human resources and administrative tasks and requires the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Compensation and Benefits include:
- Starting wage $19.00+ per hour depending on education and/or experience
- Paid weekly thru direct deposit
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid personal leave after 90-days (up to 48 hours per year)
- Paid vacation time (up to four weeks per year)
- Affordable Insurance (Health, Dental and Vision) plans with eligibility after 60-days of employment
- Optional participation in flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance programs
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) with a 6% of gross wages contribution by company
- Work hours consists of four ten hour shifts: 5:00am - 3:30pm Monday - Thursday
- Provides administrative duties to ensure facility runs smoothly. Maintains employee documentation, daily activities, and employee-related functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Assists in the hiring process from sourcing to onboarding.
- Monitors, maintains and reports weekly payroll information, such as hours worked, earnings, deductions, taxes, changes in pay rates, and other payroll information.
- Compiles records and prepares reports of employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits and benefit plan participations, attendance, performance evaluations, promotions, transfers, terminations, disability, retirement, vacation, personal time, sick leave, leave of absence and employee assistance.
- Operates computer system to input and retrieve data.
- Organizing, scanning, and filing of records, invoices and other important documentation.
- Answers phones, determines the purpose of the caller and directs them to the appropriate personnel.
- Greeting customers and visitors to the office, ensuring guests are comfortable and are connected with the right personnel.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail.
- Keeps office clean and organized to promote an efficient working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate level math and computer skills are required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- An understanding of human resources functions.
- Must be able to convey information clearly and concisely in written and spoken communication.
- Must be capable of setting and meeting priorities and deadlines.
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Must have a creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Must have the ability to remain calm and professional during stressful situations.
- Must have the ability and willingness to learn new things.
- Must have a strong variety of administrative skills including customer service, problem solving, and persuasion skills.
- Must have strong work ethics and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to demonstrate empathy and show compassion in the workplace.
- Must have strong organization, attention to detail and administrative skills.
Education and experience requirements:
- High school diploma or Equivalent required
- Associate’s degree preferred
- 3 - 5 years of administrative or related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver’s License insurable MV is required
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be regularly sitting at a desk and working on a computer, walking, and talking.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organizations facilities.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level is minimal for this position.
Orientation and Safety Training
- Must complete ISO Orientation for New Employees and Safety Training.
PASSING a POST OFFER DRUG TEST and PHYSICAL is required.
Prince Manufacturing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws.