BUILT TO CONNECT
Astec is a global, environmentally focused infrastructure and manufacturing company of asphalt road building and aggregate processing. Our mission is to design and build the most innovative products for the industries we serve. Leveraging innovative solutions and technologies, we serve customers all over the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The IT Support Specialist position’s primary responsibility is to provide first level support to Astec employees. Additionally, this position will perform routine tasks to assist other members of the IT team. Work items range from desktop support to routine hardware maintenance. Candidate will work with the Helpdesk Ticketing System and site Systems Administrator(s).
- Respond to inquiries on the phone, via email, in person, or through remote access.
- Provide technical assistance with the delivery, configuration, set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Monitor network activities to verify correct operational function and detect errors.
- Administration of Help Desk software to report, prioritize, troubleshoot, document, and delegate issues to correct personnel.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Assemble, load and test software on new or used computers or laptops for delivery to users.
- Maintain a limited but working knowledge of the software utilized by the staff to do specific tasks on the network. This is to include but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Windows, Microsoft Server, and any in-house applications.
- Communication with end-users as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Travel to other sites, as needed, for support while local IT staff is out of the office
- Other duties may be assigned.
To be successful in this role, your experience and competencies are:
- Associate degree (A.A or A.S) from a two-year college. An equivalent of education, experience, and technical certifications.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications.
- Ability to exceed ticket SLAs for Astec employees
- Ability to determine causes of operating errors and making decisions and suggestions for correction.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Give full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the point being made and asking questions when appropriate.
- The ability to listen to or read and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words or writing and sentences and the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.