Yankton County Sherriff's Office - Committed to protect the lives, property and rights of all people
The Yankton County Sheriff's Office is currently taking applications for the position of Yankton County Jailer to form an eligibility list for hire. Minimum qualifications are:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Ability to obtain one (1) week basic Jail training Certification within 12 months of hire date.
- No prior felony criminal record.
- Knowledge of procedures of jail facilities, codes, and statutes that apply to detention and legal process.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with the inmates, public and private agencies, general public and other employees.
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions.
- Currently possess or ability to obtain First Aid/First Responder and CPR Certification.
- Ability to use good judgment and objective decision making.
Salary range: $41,624.66-$52,790.14
For the full description and application click on the following links: