Summary/Objective: The Quality Engineering Manager plays an essential role in our business, acting as a liaison between the company and our external customers. This position interacts with our internal and external customers to provide guidance with customer requirements. This individual is a proven performer with high attention to detail and possesses strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain control of several projects at once.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs a team of quality engineers to create and manage a highly functional quality program across all areas of the company
- Assists with internal and external audits to maintain company certifications
- In conjunction with manufacturing engineering, provides oversight of quality expectations ensuring all product conforms to requirements
- Identifies, coordinates, and implements quality processes that assure compliance and continuous improvement
- Organizes and promotes companywide quality improvements through root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions
- Maintains an ongoing understanding of customer and industry requirements that apply to the specific needs of our customers
- Provides guidance and direction of all aspects of quality for suppliers, internal and external customers
- Develops and implements standard work used by quality and others to perform inspection functions
- Oversees the implementation of statistical methods for process controls, problem-solving, and process capability analysis
- Identifies trends in quality performance, areas for improvement and facilitates the preventive action process
- Facilitates company MSA’s and gauge reliability studies
- Mentors and develops teammates with various requirements, as well as informally working with others to develop their skills
- Development of processes for mandated tools by our customers such as APQP, PPAP, Quality Clinic, ATP, Part 145 Repair Station, and other tools when called upon
- Works with personnel to assure adequate training programs are in place to support manufacturing and quality personnel, covering such areas as quality standards, preventative measures, customer requirements, etc.
- Assists with preparing budgets, controlling expenditures, identifying capital equipment and facility needs to support the quality functions and productivity opportunities.
- Other duties as required
- Four-year degree and five or more years of work experience as an aerospace QE. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer would be a plus
- Must have a practical understanding and proficiency in engineering drawing interpretation to include GD&T requirements
- Must have application knowledge of statistical methods including SPC, MSA, and machine capability studies
- Strong reading, writing, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Must possess strong computer skills, with experience in Word, Excel, and other windows based software.
- Prior supervisory experience is strongly encouraged
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of customer and company information
Post-offer drug screen and background checks are required
APPLIED ENGINEERING, INC. IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER.
APPLIED ENGINEERING, INC. OFFERS COMPETITIVE WAGES AND BENEFITS
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.