Summary/Objective: The buyer will manage the replenishment process for production related materials, along with cultivating the relationships with the new and existing supply base. This individual will require a high level of interaction with all departments across the company, along with excellent communication skills. This individual will need to understand blueprints, interpret specifications and have the ability to create Bill of Material structuring. This individual will possess a positive attitude and look for innovate ways to continually meet or exceed our customer’s expectation, both internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Involvement in supplier management and development, monitoring and distribution of monthly supplier performance.
- Identify and recommend new suppliers based on customer APL, ASL, etc, along with researching capabilities and certifications to ensure they comply with customer requirements/specifications.
- Ensure Non-Disclosures, surveys and other certifications are requested of new suppliers and maintained for existing supply base.
- Participate in internal and external supplier development meetings.
- Review planned materials reports and create purchase orders based on demands.
- Monitor and review open purchase orders, send open reports to supply base weekly and correspondence with supply base on delays or changes impacting status.
- Manage shelf life reporting, coordinating disposition of expired materials.
- Review specifications to ensure most current revision is utilized for compliance of purchased material.
- Review specifications in new part process set up to ensure compliance.
- Negotiate with new and existing supply base for best pricing, price break options and lead time.
- Minimum of Associates degree in business management or related field
- Four or more years of experience in buyer/planner role, or equivalent
- Must possess basic computer skills, including knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs
- Individual must be able to work with little to no supervision after initial training period, showing a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and excellent work ethic.
- Previous MRP/ERP experience required.
Post-offer drug screen and background checks are required
APPLIED ENGINEERING, INC. IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER.
APPLIED ENGINEERING, INC. OFFERS COMPETITIVE WAGES AND BENEFITS
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.