As the Buyer / Planner you are responsible for short and intermediate range production and inventory planning for global supply chain. Responsible for all day-to-day tactical functions within the purchasing team including insuring compliance with schedule, inventory, customer service, throughput, purchase price variation (PPV), and other Site/Corporate inventory and planning guidelines. The Buyer / Planner is responsible for overseeing critical monthly inventory and compliance reporting.
The Buyer Planner will serve as a key resource for coordination problem-solving responses from suppliers, maintain supplier score cards and improvements, and leading special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure continuity of supply, effective competition, quality and prompt delivery of products from internal and external suppliers
- Utilize ERP to analyze supply and demand for components and sub-assemblies. Analysis includes component part availability, lot size, lead-time, cost and other critical parameters.
- Utilize metrics and problem-solving techniques to ensure root cause resolution on delivery, lead-time, cost, and other critical performance metrics. Reviews action messages, generated by ERP, for accuracy
- Collaborates with manufacturing / production to identify potential material shortages and expedites as appropriate
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding of supply chain flows and interdependencies and excellent math and analytical skills.
- Uses and creates database, word processing and spreadsheet software as a tool to produce or enhance reports
- Work with engineering teams on ECN’s, NPD, and tooling releases
- Evaluate potential suppliers with regard to cost, quality, and delivery
- Consistently monitor and replenish inventory to ensure availability of goods
- Work with vendors to reduce inventories and increase inventory turns while not sacrificing deliveries to the customer, reschedules existing orders as required ~ Create VMI and Kanban systems with supply chain
- Analyze, identify gaps and recommend / implement solutions to ensure business capability to effectively respond to Customer Demand while simultaneously meeting business objectives for customer on-time-delivery, asset management/cash flow objectives, and inventory turns within resource constraints
- Self-motivated, highly organized individual that is able to work effectively with minimal supervision in a fast-paced business
- Works effectively with other members of the organization to improve materials related inventory control systems and activities
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities related to the backlog, sales plan, capacity, and supply chain
- Utilize project management skills to seamlessly integrate material changes into a manufacturing environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- APICS Certification a plus
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Five to ten years of related Purchasing / Materials Management experience in a manufacturing environment required using an ERP system, Infor Visual experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree and professional association certification required
- Excellent interpersonal relations, strong communication, organizational, and time management skills required
- Well organized with ability to gather, interpret and proactively act on data with minimal supervision
- High sense of urgency with ability to work in a fast-paced team environment anticipating and adjusting to challenges
- Proficient at Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with performing financial modeling using Excel
- Experience with conducting commodity analysis on parts
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak clearly and listen carefully
- The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time and type on keyboard