Summary/Objective: The Chem-film level I and II positions are part of the finishing team and will assist with chem-filming of customer product. This individual will apply conversion coats on various components and must have the ability to follow work instructions, understand basic prints, and use the automated monitoring system. Level I operators will also have the additional responsibility of preforming and documenting weekly titrations and unscheduled maintaince.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times, this includes helping with 6s activities on occasion.
- Must have a high level of detail, able to visually identify nonconforming conditions and be able to document these instances.
- Efficiently perform chem-film operations per work instructions and NADCAP requirements on all customer products.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other team members and communicates effectively across different work centers, shifts, and skill levels.
- Assists in meeting aggressive work center and company goals by recommending and executing continuous improvement and performing direction given by the area lead and finishing personnel.
- Accepts change and engages in process improvements by suggesting and implementing ideas in collaboration with the area lead and finishing personnel.
- Assists in keeping on time delivery by using the automated scheduling system in place and by taking priority direction from area leads.
- Expected to maintain a strong work ethic, attendance record, and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to understand and follow all processes and procedures of the company and/or finishing area.
- Perform titrations verifying tanks are in parameters. (Level 1 only)
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Specifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Reading, writing, problem solving, and mechanical skills with hand/eye coordination
- The ability to teach and train others as needed
- Individual must be able to work with little to no supervision after initial training period, showing a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and excellent work ethic.
Post-offer drug screen and background checks are required
APPLIED ENGINEERING, INC. IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER.
APPLIED ENGINEERING, INC. OFFERS COMPETITIVE WAGES AND BENEFITS
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.