Objective of Position: The Continuous Improvement Specialist assists in the continuous improvement initiatives for Trail King. They will help develop and implement improvements relative to safety, quality, delivery, and cost of the operation and business to achieve savings and employee participation goals.
- Providing CI leadership through the participation and support of CI activities.
- Provide training on the foundation of CI and the benefits of the philosophy to the company and the individuals themselves.
- Conduct analysis of data to support the creation and sustainment of company metrics.
- Update MES and SharePoint, control plans and standards
- Actively promotes the CI culture through training and the mentoring of all employees.
- Utilize problem solving techniques to identify the root cause of the issue and enable the creation and implementation of well-defined solutions.
- Maintain quality records as required.
- Assist in evaluating and proposing standard manufacturing procedures.
- Provide new hire orientation training on quality and continuous improvement.
- Work with sourcing and engineering to qualify new suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess strong communication skills, excellent organization, and prioritization skills.
- Must be analytical, innovative and possess creative problem-solving skills.
- Work in a cross functional team environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- The individual will be willing to have a flexible schedule and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Preferred qualifications: A 2-year business or technical degree, 2 years of lean manufacturing knowledge.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Physical demands: This position requires the individual to stand, walk, sit, and climb as needed during the shift. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to dust, fumes and is near moving machinery.