Fab/Machine operator’s set-up, operate, and maintain machinery. Responsible for ensuring the machine produces high quality products, runs smoothly and at capacity, and is properly maintained.
Fabrication involves cutting, bending, punching and laser work of sheet metal for fabrication of Manitou products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain a safe work environment. Work without close supervision. Maintain a clean work area. Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures; perform tasks in a safe manner.
- Checks parts for dimensions.
- Assists with procuring materials needed for production. Must use tape measure, plug gauge, dial indicator, inside caliper, dial caliper, and burr knife.
- Must operate the various equipment to include cutting couplings, machining couplings on the lathes, drilling holes, putting in set screws, hydro testing couplings, and packaging.
- Responsible for completion for production and quality paperwork.
- Contact Fabrication Manager or Fabrication Leader if problems arise.
- In the event of an accident or injury immediately, notify the Shift supervisor on duty.
- Contact Maintenance Department to get equipment repaired when necessary.
- Ability and willingness to take on additional assignments as requested by management.
- Use tools, equipment and technology, computers or automated systems.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Check results for conformance to print and / or specifications and make necessary corrections.
- Work with coworkers in a polite and courteous manner, providing cross training as needed.
- Able to work overtime as required.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. independently
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum education: High school diploma or GED.
Skills and Competencies/Requirements:
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, standard work instructions, checklists, internal and external deviations, etc.
- Computer skills – knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite is preferred.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Must be a self-starter, team player, and have the ability to multitask