- Candidate must pay attention to detail and be task oriented completing tasks that impact the facilities, equipment, departments, and environment within all areas of Manitou Equipment Americas.
- These tasks include the following maintenance disciplines: general, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, facility, and grounds maintenance along with trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Provide support and technical expertise to maintenance and all affected departments to improve the facilities, manufacturing processes, tools, equipment and products involved in the associated areas along with support to special projects. These responsibilities include supervision of related equipment, parts, maintenance project management, area improvements, maintenance cord coordination, problem solving, repair scheduling, and assistance with DENR and OSHA regulations.
- This position will be responsible to support projects from start to finish and work with other support staff as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as a service to our employees and customers.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and work well with little direct supervision.
- Capable of completing small to large projects such as required.
- Candidate must be able to operate equipment used for maintenance processes.
- Candidate must be able to work safely with chemicals used for maintenance.
- Candidate must be able to perform supplies reordering and look for ways to continuously improve.
- Candidate must be willing to flex on duties and hours as needed to complete projects per timelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- A degree or experience in Industrial Maintenance Technology, Industrial Technology, PLC controls or related fields is preferred.
- Additional requirements are demonstrated experiences in mechanical, electrical, maintenance repair, project management, leadership and problem solving abilities.
- Candidate must have the ability to perform and lead core maintenance activities within Fabrication, Welding, Paint, Assembly and other departments.
- Candidate must be able to work efficiently along with sustaining equipment up time and condition.
- Candidate must have the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Candidate must have one to five years of experience in related fields.
- Candidate must exhibit strong judgment and decision making skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to interface with all types of mechanical, electrical and other contractors.
- Must use knowledge of industrial equipment, industrial processes, manufacturing practices, process capabilities and problem solving skills to resolve issues, improve processes and implement solutions for the maintaining and improving the department and equipment. Knowledge, skills and abilities will be used to support solutions to improve Manitou Equipment America.
Equipment: tools, safety shoes, safety glasses/goggles, gloves and other PPE as needed.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, physically demanding, manual dexterity, attention to detail, hand-eye coordination, standing for extended periods, lifting multiple pounds regularly, use wrist motion, reach above/below shoulders, step up/down, bend/stoop, twist, squat/crouch, kneel or crawl.
Essential Skills: Perform work standing on a concrete a minimum of 8 hours up to 10 hours per day. Reading, writing, oral communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory, finding information, computer use, and continuous learning. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.