Work is performed under the supervision of the Shipping/Receiving Department Supervisor and in cooperation with the Shipping/Receiving Team Leader.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Receive materials from freight carrier by verifying receipt of proper number of crates, boxes, cartons, etc.
- Inspect freight as delivered for shortages and damages.
- Check shipments against packing slip.
- Data entry of daily receipts.
- Place material in stock, move to appropriate production department, or ship to customer/dealer.
- Gather, verify, inspect, package, and ship parts per instructions.
- Ability to use shipping software for small parcel packages.
- Knowledge of various export packaging requirements.
Shop Floor Support:
- Gather and/or disperse inventory items per issue notes to proper floor location.
- Inspect completed manufactured parts as delivered to the storeroom and put into proper location.
General Parts Room:
- Maintain proper location and inventory counts in IFS.
- Perform or assist in other assigned duties as qualified.
- Requires a high school education or equivalent.
- Basic ability to use computer on a limited basis to obtain information.
- Experience operating forklift, and other lift equipment
- 1-2 years experience operating forklift (preferred)
Suggest and implement improvements.
Follow up on details.
Seek out productive work when assignments are completed.
Actively participate in continuous improvement of our products and processes to better serve our customers and improve the overall profitability.
Able and willing to work in other areas as needed
- Tools, safety shoes, safety glasses/goggles, gloves other PPE as needed
- Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity,
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye coordination
- Standing for extended periods, lifting multiple pounds regularly
- Reading, Writing, Oral communication,
- Working with others
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have accurate data entry skills
- Must have job task planning and organizing skillis
- Significant use of memory, Finding information, Computer use, Continuous learning.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious and highly motivated
- Ability to work independently within established parameters and meet deadlines.
- Experience with cycle counting a plus.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONNECTIONS :
Internal - Manitou employees at all sites.
External – Manitou Vendors
LOCALISATION AND TRAVEL EXPECTED :
This position is located in Yankton, SD