To accurately and efficiently pack and ship all parts for Parts Sales orders on time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Gather, verify, inspect all parts by sales order after delivery from picker.
2. Safely utilize large equipment as needed to gather parts.
3. Deliver parts in an organized fashion to the packing location.
4. Pack parts per requirements for LTL shipping.
5. Assist with shipping documents when backlog occurs, as necessary. Will be the back up to the shipping clerk when needed.
6. Assist with general parts room tasks if assigned.
Qualifications and Essential Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to work well with others and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
2. Perform work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to industrial noise, fumes, smoke, etc.
3. Ability to climb stairs and maneuver in congested, heavy manufacturing environment.
4. Perform work standing on concrete up to 12 hours per day.
5. Willingness to train and work during hours outside of regularly scheduled core shift.
6. Regular and reliable attendance is a requirement.
7. Perform work safely in accordance with all company safety policies, procedures, and following all personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
8. Perform work in various physical positions, including standing, kneeling, squatting, bending, and reaching.
9. Ability to wear the PPE required for this position, including but not limited to, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety boots with metatarsal guards, gloves.
10. Primary work assignment will require employees to be able to frequently push/pull/lift up to 45 pounds. Employees may occasionally push/pull/lift greater than 45 pounds if they are physically able to safely do so. Employees are encouraged to use caution at all times when pushing/pulling/lifting, and should never lift more than they are physically capable of doing.
11. Operate an assortment of forklifts and heavy machinery.
12. Ability to use and operate a variety of hand tools and devices.
13. Ability to understand printed and instructional material for guidance and specifications in order to locate and identify parts accurately.
14. Working knowledge of computers necessary, in order to efficiently create shipping documents and save.
15. Must complete and maintain forklift operation certification and be able to safely operate a forklift when necessary.
16. Must be dependable, dedicated to getting the job done correctly, and use time wisely.
17. Adept at problem solving and adaptable to new situations and challenges.
18. Ability to handle the stress that accompanies the need to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience
1. Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening, physical, and background check, and random drug and /or alcohol screenings throughout employment.
2. High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
3. Forklift operation experience desired.
4. Computer experience required.
This description is intended as a guide only. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent’s supervisor.