Performs inspections as required or as directed by manufacturing. Performs receiving inspections of incoming product as required. Notifies vendor of non-conformances and makes arrangements to return non-conforming product to the vendor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine and complex inspections of product, including prototype and experimental, subhassemblies and assemblies and accept or reject same with designated forms.
- Perform process audits of various processes including fabrication, welding, machining, paint, assembly using an approved process audit checklist.
- Set up, program and operate standard and specialized inspection equipment, to include, but not limited to coordinate measuring machines (CMM) and inspection arms (Romer or Faro arms)
- Perform process capability studies
- Assist in resolving fabrication, machining, welding, paint and assembly quality problems.
- Help operators become familiar with gauging, blueprint reading, charting, etc.
- Must be able to work with suppliers when non-conforming product is deemed a supplier issue.
- Maintain education and skill level required to perform assigned functions.
- Complete special assignments that are assigned by supervisor.
- Drives skid loaders for the purpose of sound testing.
- Maybe required to perform data collection using the pulse sound system.
- Work independently with a minimum of supervision.
Education and Experience/Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints including geometric tolerances and weld symbols
- Proficiency in geometry and trigonometry
- Basic computer skills, to including the use of Google, Word, Excel, Power Point and working knowledge of IFS.
- Must be able to visually inspect product and equipment
- Must be able to communicate and work well with people in all areas, both inside and outside Manitou.