The Quality Manager will have responsibility for planning, implementing and administering policies and activities to (1) ensure compliance with standards, rules and regulations, and (2) prevent warranty claims. The Quality Manager position will report to the Plant Manager in Yankton.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality system for the facility that meets or exceeds customer requirements to include specific quality goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and audit systems for the business.
- Set the direction of quality assurance by effectively leading cross functional teams, analyzing root cause, developing corrective action programs, and employing formal problem solving methodologies. Work with other departments to ingrain these principles and methods throughout the organization.
- Establish methods and standards to monitor quality performance. Work with staff to develop and implement standard work procedures and quality control checks throughout the manufacturing process. Identify any trends and communicate the results to drive continuous improvement within the facility.
- Participate in new product reviews to help design quality into the product and processes.
- Develop internal and supplier quality metrics, trend analysis, continuous improvement plans, and statistical reports that will support the procurement process and establish a level of supplier compliance with quality and assurance.
- Continually reduce variability within existing processes by utilizing problem solving techniques.
- Establish a strong customer feedback mechanism using corrective action reports.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or applied science field preferred. Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in quality assurance for a commercial product manufacturer. Direct experience with managing quality systems for a highly engineered product portfolio.
- Experience in quality system audits.
- Sound administrative skills and well-developed management skills.
- Knowledge of the principles of quality assurance, ISO/TS, TQM, Six Sigma, and LEAN manufacturing.
- Proven ability to mentor and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with cross-functional business teams.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal skills.
OUR REWARDS & RECOGNITION:
In addition to an inclusive compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits program including Medical/Dental/Vision, a matching 401k, tuition reimbursement, volunteer program, wellness activities, employee and family activities throughout the year and so much more!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.