Summary/Objective: The Senior Buyer will manage the replenishment process for production related materials, along with cultivating the relationships with the new and existing supply base. This individual will possess leadership qualities as they will be mentoring other buyers in the department. This position will provide assistance to the purchasing manager on various duties as needed. This individual will require a high level of interaction with all departments across the company, along with excellent communication skills. This individual will need to understand blueprints, interpret specifications and have the ability to create Bill of Material structuring. This individual will possess a positive attitude and look for innovate ways to continually meet or exceed our customer’s expectation, both internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involvement in supplier management and development, monitoring and distribution of monthly supplier performance.
- Identify and recommend new suppliers based on customer APL, ASL, etc, along with researching capabilities and certifications to ensure they comply with customer requirements/specifications.
- Research, analyze and forecast current and future buying trends related to the business.
- Ensure Non-Disclosures, surveys and other certifications are requested of new suppliers and maintained for existing supply base.
- Review planned materials reports and create purchase orders based on demands.
- Monitor and review open purchase orders, send open reports to supply base weekly and correspondence with supply base on delays or changes impacting status.
- Review specifications to ensure most current revision is utilized for compliance of purchased material.
- Update part master with pricing, lead time and/or specification changes.
- Review and enter valid quote information, ensuring compliance to customer specifications and requirements.
- Generate RFQ’s to supplier base for new and existing products/services.
- Review specifications in new part process set up to ensure compliance.
- Negotiate with new and existing supply base for best pricing, price break options and lead time.
- Manage non-conformances caused by supply base, disposition of material and root cause/corrective action of issues as they arise.
- Cross functional projects for improvements to processes and procedures, including all departments in the facility.
- Ability to manage multiple software/ERP systems.
- Assist and act in place of Purchasing Manager in times of absence or as required and authorized.
- Minimum of Associates degree in business management or related field
- Seven or more years of experience in buyer/planner role, or equivalent
- Must possess basic computer skills, including knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs
- Reading, writing, problem solving, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to teach and train others as needed
- Individual must be able to work with little to no supervision after initial training period, showing a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and excellent work ethic.
- Previous MRP/ERP experience required.
Post-offer drug screen and background checks are required
APPLIED ENGINEERING, INC. IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER.
APPLIED ENGINEERING, INC. OFFERS COMPETITIVE WAGES AND BENEFITS
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.