Safely perform welding, weld components with welding equipment to fit and join, fabricate and/or repair heavy and large mechanical products per specifications and in accordance with the production schedule.
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Work without close supervision
- Details are dependent on duties assigned in general consist of the following:
- Perform weld duties
- Weld components with weld equipment as specified by procedures, layout, blueprint, diagrams, work order and oral instruction
- Have or must acquire the “basic” Weld Certification as the minimum requirement for all weld positions
- Welds range from simple tacks to complex welds, performed in varying positions
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using fixtures and guides to repair, modify or fabricate parts and/or equipment products
- Operate and/or use related equipment and tools which include forklifts, hoists, slings, grinders, torches, drills, punches, tape measure and Air Arc
- Read, understand and follow job order specifications, blueprints, work instructions and procedures
- Works from assembly prints and specifications
- Performs own set-ups and/or works from prints and /or job specification
- Maintain a level of work performance in accordance with Manitou standards and/or job specifications
- Perform or assist in other assigned duties as qualified
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with safety procedures, rules and regulations
- Able and willing to work in other areas as needed.
- Suggest and implement improvements.
- Follow up on details. Seek out productive work when assignments are completed.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement for our products and process to better serve our customers and improve the overall profitability.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Repetitive tasks, physically demanding, attention to detail, hand-eye coordination, standing for extended periods, lifting up to 50 lbs. regularly.
- Essential Skills:
- Perform work standing on concrete a minimum of 8 hours up to 10 hours per day.
- Willingness to train or work during hours outside of scheduled shift.
- Must have regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform work safety in accordance with all company safety policies, procedures and PPE requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs