Who We Are
Vermeer equips customers doing important work around the world. We are global, driven by innovation and growing. The equipment we make manages natural resources, connects people and feeds and fuels communities. We live out a caring culture, we demonstrate agility, we keep a focus on customers and are stewards of our resources. These beliefs drive our culture, determine how we treat others and steer our business.
Work Shift1 - First Shift
The Welder performs routine, predictable, repetitive, procedural tasks involving motor skill and limited theoretical knowledge that will include: fit-up, tacking and welding of cast, machined, forged, and fabricated steel components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, and parts according to blueprints and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Exhibit the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors.
2. Complete weldments in various welding positions according to blueprints and welding procedure specifications using GMAW-P by following Vermeer Welding Standards.
3. Position, align and fit components together utilizing fixturing. Bolt, clamp and tack weld parts to secure in position for welding according to blueprints and welding procedure specifications.
4. Set and operate an OFC oxyfuel torch for preheating safely and efficiently.
5. Perform regular and routine maintenance on weld equipment.
6. Support 5S/workplace organization goals of the department and offer suggestions and make improvements that achieve the department’s performance board metrics.
Education and/or Experience
- Welding experience/training preferred.
- Successful completion of Vermeer Weld Training Program.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Calculate figures and apply basic mathematical functions including fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Ability to perform problem solving techniques and root cause analysis.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to assess, evaluate, and carry out appropriate action for a given situation.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Hand Coordination: At least average/bilateral
Twisting: Rarely (up to 1 minute in position)
Bending - Trunk: Rarely (up to 1 minute in position)
Bending - Neck: Occasionally (up to 25 degree flex & 30 degree extension for up to 2 minutes)
Elevated Work/Reach: Rarely (up to 1 minute in position)
Squatting/Kneeling: Rarely (up to 1 minute in position)
Pulling: Rarely (up to 80 lbs) Occasionally (up to 20 lbs) Frequently (up to 10 lbs)
Pushing: Rarely (up to 80 lbs) Occasionally (up to 20 lbs) Frequently (up to 10 lbs)
RH Grip: Rarely (up to 80 lbs) Occasionally (up to 20 lbs) Frequently (up to 10 lbs)
LH Grip: Rarely (up to 80 lbs) Occasionally (up to 20 lbs) Frequently (up to 10 lbs)
RH Pinch: Rarely (up to 15 lbs) Occasionally (up to 5 lbs) Frequently (up to 2 lbs)
LH Pinch: Rarely (up to 15 lbs) Occasionally (up to 5 lbs) Frequently (up to 2 lbs)
Floor to Waist Lift: Rarely (up to 50 lbs) Occasionally (up to 20 lbs)
Horizontal Lift: (up to 50 lbs) Occasionally (up to 20 lbs) Frequently (up to 10 lbs)
Waist to Crown Lift: Rarely (up to 40 lbs) Occasionally (up to 5 lbs)
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
(As qualified through the Vermeer Weld Training Program)
1G - L
1G - UL
FCAW – (as needed)
1G - L
1G - UL
Work LocationONSITE: A team member’s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Vermeer Corporation, we believe in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions at (641) 621-8767 or at email@example.com.
Interested? We’d love to get to know you.