The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for implementing and enforcing the policies and procedures of the Boys & Girls Club Front Desk, and data entry. The Front Desk Receptionist will be responsible for maintaining a clean, positive, fun, safe, and friendly environment in the entry way for parents, families, donors, and all visitors. This person is expected to uphold the Club values inside and outside of the Club. The Club values include teamwork, impact driven, excellence, and good character.
- Follow and implement all Front Desk policies and procedures.
- Communicate with supervisor, with a sense of urgency, of parents, youth, donors or visitors are upset or need further follow up
- Ensure front desk space is up-to-date, organized, fun, safe, and welcoming
- Greet and direct visitors and telephone callers with a friendly attitude, relaying information on programs as appropriate.
- Ensure individual(s) picking-up youth are on the authorized pick-up list; Ensure no individual(s) on the non-authorized pick-up list are permitted to pick-up youth
- Distribute documentation and reports to parents/guardian
- Record monies received in receipt book and be accountable for ensuring that all monies received each day correlate directly with all receipts written for the day.
- Track member program participation for each space within the Club
- Responsible for the membership entry as applicable in the Club’s member software system
- Update member data in the member tracking software and in the members’ paper membership files.
- Send out all birthday cards, make recognition calls, and find ways to recognize youth through the front desk
- Call youth by their name and greet with a “hello” and “goodbye”
- Accurately record all facility attendance and ensure all members are scanned in and accounted for on a daily basis
- Teach manners and other life skills and opportunities for youth while entering the Club and at the front desk.
- Perform clerical functions as assigned by supervisor, including, but not limited to, preparing membership cards, checking voicemail messages, filing, typing and scanning reports, and assisting in tasks involved with bulk mailings, printing, labeling, and mailing birthday postcards on a monthly basis.
- Attend 100% of monthly all staff meetings, biweekly one-on-one meetings and biweekly team meetings.
- Assist your supervisor in creating performance plan goals and accomplish them by the end of each trimester.
- Provide feedback to supervisor on daily operations and how processes at the front desk can improve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive for excellence within our staff, programs, board and environment
- Leads by example and role models values and behaviors with people and projects.
- Professional in appearance (following Club dress code), confident in word and body language.
- IMPACT DRIVEN: We believe that every person, youth, and staff can reach their full potential when guided by high expectations and impact driven decisions.
- Hold all youth, co-workers, supervisors, staff, volunteers and one self in setting high goals in behavior and performance. Accountability is taken for own actions.
- Displays passion for what one does within and for the organization.
- TEAMWORK: By staying flexible and working as a team, we believe we can obtain success in meeting our individual and group goals.
- Does not serve as a ‘sound board’ for negative comments or actions anywhere.
- Gives feedback constructively and takes feedback with an open mind.
- GOOD CHARACTER: We value respect, understanding, honesty, equality, patience and trust.
- Behaviors, attitude and performance are excellent, including when no one is looking.
- Approaches and informs supervisor with any and all concerns first.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Customer service experience preferred
- High level organizational skills
- Friendly, personable and able to communicate well in person and through the phone
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work between the hours of 3pm–7pm (School Year) and 7:15am–6:15pm (Summer); Monday-Friday and Club special events as assigned
- Must be of the mental and physical capacity to observe, interact, and communicate with youth, staff, volunteers, parents etc. at the Club to ensure safety of the space and others, provide guidance and reflection per the Club priority outcomes and goals
- Ability to stand/sit for long periods of time throughout a shift
- Ability to operate various types of general office equipment including PC, telephone, copier, etc.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.