The Youth Development Specialist is responsible for implementing the 5 key elements of positive youth development in their daily interactions with youth. The Youth Development Specialist will be responsible for the supervision of the youth and the program areas specifically assigned. All employees of the Boys & Girls Club will be expected to uphold the mission of the Club.
- Implement the 5 Key Elements for Positive Youth Development.
- Exhibit the Club Values of excellence, impact driven, teamwork, and good character.
- Ensure all program activities are being conducted according to the Club’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the youth in the facility.
- Attend 100% of monthly all staff meetings, biweekly one on one meetings and biweekly team meetings.
- Assist your supervisor in creating trimester performance plan goals and accomplish them by the end of each trimester.
- Provide daily feedback to supervisor on how the day went and how programs and the space can improve.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence within our staff, programs, board and environment
- Leads by example and role models values and behaviors with people and projects.
- Professional in appearance (following Club dress code), confident in word and body language.
- Impact Driven: We believe that every person, youth, and staff can reach their full potential when guided by high expectations and impact driven decisions.
- Hold all youth, co-workers, supervisors, staff, volunteers and one self in setting high goals in behavior and performance. Accountability is taken for own actions.
- Displays passion for what one does within and for the organization.
- Teamwork: By staying flexible and working as a team, we believe we can obtain success in meeting our individual and group goals.
- Does not serve as a ‘sound board’ for negative comments or actions anywhere.
- Gives feedback constructively and takes feedback with an open mind.
- Good Character: We value respect, understanding, honesty, equality, patience and trust.
- Behaviors, attitude and performance are excellent, including when no one is looking.
- Approaches and informs supervisor with any and all concerns first.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Commitment to working four days a week
- Commitment to make class schedule for upcoming semester meet the scheduling needs of the Boys & Girls Club (if applicable)
- Commitment to working at the Club during the summer
- Must be able to work within the school year operating hours of the Club
- Must be able to work within the summer operating hours of the Club
- Must be able to understand, implement, and demonstrate principals of behavior management and other youth treatment modalities, per the Club trainings and values of fun, supportive relationships, recognition, opportunities and expectations, and safety.
- Must be of the mental and physical capacity to observe, interact, and communicate with youth, staff, volunteers, etc. at the Club to ensure safety of the space and others, provide guidance and reflection per the Club priority outcomes and goals
- Ability to stand/sit for long periods of time throughout a shift
- Ability to operate various types of general office equipment including PC, telephone, copier, etc.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.