Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Fills and/or verifies prescriptions and counsels patients in accordance with all state and federal statutes and regulations. Assists with pharmacy’s inventory, including controlled substances, on an annual basis or as recommended.
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director; Store Manager; Assistant Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, and Health Wellness Home; Pharmacy Department Manager, Pharmacy Supervisor
Positions that Report to you: Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Clerk, Delivery Person, and Pharmacy students
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by:
- escorting them to the products they’re looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Assists with controlled substance inventory on an annual basis or as recommended.
- Assists with inventory control, maintaining inventory levels by ordering and stocking merchandise, checking invoices, and entering inventory information into the computer.
- Assists with coaching, counseling, and training employees; participates in additional education and training.
- Assists HBC manager with ordering and merchandising OTC’s.
- Fills and/or verifies prescriptions and counsels patients according to OBRA ’90 regulations.
- Assists with reconciliation and balancing of 3rd party accounts.
- Visits schools, doctors’ offices, senior centers, etc. to market services.
- Assists with monthly inventory.
- Builds growth and sales through counseling and wellness programs.
- Follows security and regulatory procedures including Quality Assurance Programs.
- Assumes the responsibility for the department in the absence of the pharmacy manager.
- Ensures customers are given prompt and courteous service.
- Maintains a professional appearance, i.e. clean lab coat and name tag.
- Communicates continually with pharmacy manager about any procedural changes, issues, or corporate communications.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with other departments or staff (i.e. dietitian) to promote wellness and the pharmacy.
- Assists in other areas of the store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
- Have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Must be able to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals; have increased contact with people; interview counsel or advise people; evaluate technical data.
Education and Experience:
- College degree and licensure in pharmacy.
- Must have continuing education to maintain license.
- Six months to a year of similar or related work experience.
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) preferred.
- Ability to administer immunizations.
- Must be able to physically exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.