Koletzky Implement, a 3-generation family-owned and growing farm equipment dealership in Yankton, South Dakota specializing in New Holland, Kinze and other agricultural equipment is looking for an Equipment Sales Professional to join our team.
This equipment sales position will require the right candidate to communicate the value we bring to a customer as a family-owned & locally-operated business and ensure that those values are delivered and realized by our customers. This position requires the sales professional to develop trust and a partnership with our customer base through traditional standards. This includes being the primary resource for our customers regarding current and future technologies.
- Sell new and used equipment during on-farm calls, telephone calls, texts and other interactions.
- Master the product knowledge for the equipment you sell and the competition's equipment you sell against.
- Gain in depth knowledge and insight of assigned customers' initiatives, goals, and strategies through regular interaction with all levels within the customer's operation. This includes understanding the producer's goals, strategies and buying practices.
- Work collaboratively with assigned accounts to develop field or farm plans.
- Set and achieve sales, margin and other goals for each assigned accounts.
- Maintain account and sales call records.
- Communicate with Sales Manager daily on account progress, account service and potential issues or opportunities with assigned accounts.
- Provide customer service and act as one of the primary points of contact for customers including resolving customer issues and complaints.
- Develop work habits that create, build and support the go to market strategy within the organization.
- Understand and support marketing strategy and Koletzky Implement goals plus changes in these strategies and goals over time.
- Have a passion for the farm equipment industry.
- Be self-motivated and career orientated and highly dependable.
- Previous Ag selling experience (internships or full time positions preferred) but we are willing to train the right person as needed.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships.
- Proficient with MS Office suite and company specific software. Ability to understand and utilize additional technological tools and resources.
- Recognition of sales growth opportunities and pursuing them.
- Knowledge of product margins and ability to maximize profitability for cooperative and producers.
- Ability to maintain current business and develop new business.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well within strict time frames, despite numerous interruptions.
- Strong analysis skills and ability to accurately calculate information.
- Ability to work without supervision and make appropriate decisions
- Work hours necessary to be successful and travel as needed.