LABOR STATUS: FULL -TIME / HOURLY / DIRECT
REPORTS TO: DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR
Work is performed under the supervision of the Electrical Department Supervisor and in cooperation with the Electrical Department Leader.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as Electrician with technical knowledge requirements to maintain and repair such electrical equipment and facilities as: lighting, furnaces, controls, motors, hoists, lathes, drills, pumps, thermal relays, etc.
- Installation of rigid conduit, flexible power supply, and shielded cable.
- Repair of portable tools such as grinders, drills, and welders.
- Selection of proper wire sizes and types and replacement of electrical parts.
- Use trade techniques, publications, and the National Electrical Code as the guide for all work performed.
- Duties require knowledge of single-phase and three-phase AC and DC motor controls, both low and high voltage, and electrical schematics (AS and DC).
- Install transformers, breakers, and other controls, load centers, motors, lighting, etc. as required.
- Use established safety procedures and devices to protect yourself and others from electrical shock when repairing equipment.
- Use test equipment as required to assure proper circuitry, voltage, amperage, loading, etc. in the repair or maintenance of all electrical components.
- Job requires using a computer mouse to access and open/close computer documents.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- May be required to perform service calls on Astec equipment.
- Perform or assist in the performing of tasks throughout the plant as qualified and assigned.
- Ability to use general mechanic and maintenance tools and equipment.
- Ability to maneuver in congested work environment with usual working conditions associated with heavy equipment repair (exhaust, solvent, etc.)
- Ability to work on, in, around, and under equipment as necessary to perform duties. Climb ladders, work platforms, stairs, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret necessary instructions or specifications required to perform duties.
- Primary work assignment will require employees to be able to frequently push/pull/lift up to 45 pounds. Employees may occasionally push/pull/lift greater than 45 pounds if they are physically able to safely do it. Employees are encouraged to use caution at all times when pushing/pulling/lifting. Please consider the size, shape, weight of the object to be pushed/pulled/lifted, the path and the distance you must travel along with your own physical ability. If necessary, please seek assistance with pushing/pulling/lifting tasks. Employees should never lift more than they are physically able to do.
- Computer experience desired, particularly the ability to use a mouse, and locate and open/close files.