HOURS: Vary depending on position needing to be filled. Hours usually fall somewhere between 6:30 am and 2:30 pm. Shifts usually last 3-5 hours.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Assists in food preparation, general cleaning and sanitation of work and serving areas, food packaging and distribution to satellite locations, and record keeping.
A. Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent
B. Experience Desired: N/A
C. Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Constant standing, hearing, hand-eye- and mind-eye coordination; frequent repetitive motions with wrists, hands and fingers, bending over, stooping, holding and crouching.
D. Other Requirements: Successful completion of appropriate levels of Certification School sponsored by Child and Adult Nutrition Services.
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
RECEIVES GUIDANCE FROM: Child Nutrition Supervisor
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Assists with food preparation at designated area.
2. Keeps production records for preparation and serving of all food used.
3. Assists with serving of food or dishwashing during meal times in designated areas.
4. Keeps work area clean and washes all equipment after completion of task and in accordance with South Dakota sanitation and health guidelines.
5. Stores leftover food according to proper storage and safety procedures.
6. Evaluates menu items for product standards.
7. Follows safety procedures in the use of all equipment.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.