BUILT TO CONNECT
Astec is a global, environmentally focused infrastructure and manufacturing company of asphalt road building and aggregate processing. Our mission is to design and build the most innovative products for the industries we serve. Leveraging innovative solutions and technologies, we serve customers all over the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Equipment Sales Coordinator will provide key support in the development of sales proposals, order processing and equipment shipments to dealers, customers and field sales staff through all stages of sales process. This role will help ensure that customer expectations are exceeded by maintaining Astec core values throughout all aspects of the job. This position is located in Yankton, South Dakota.
- Act as a primary “in-house” coordinator for the Astec Materials Solutions Group equipment sales organization through all stages of the sales process
- Maintain great attention to detail when coordinating and communicating with all parties throughout the entire customer experience
- Advise the Astec Materials Solutions Group of developments learned as it relates to competition, market trends and customer needs
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Prepare equipment sales price quotes. Furnish sales proposals including quotes, lead times, freight estimates, drawings, layouts and flows as directed.
- Accurate and thorough order processing including execution of ASC 606 contract reviews and compliance with audit requirements.
- Work with the product management group, engineering and applications team to set pricing for non-standard options and/or quotes that result in acceptable margins.
- Complete restricted, third-party screening as needed for customer visits, acceptable quotes/orders for anyone outside the Continental U.S.
- Work with customers and/or freight carriers or freight forwarders to facilitate equipment shipments.
- Maintain records for offsite equipment inventory which may include consignment, rental and/or free-trade zone equipment.
To be successful in this role, your experience and competencies are:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent business experience is preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCad and 3D design software desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office systems, ERP and CRM systems
- Employee must demonstrate excellent oral and written communications skills and be resourceful
- Work independently in a fast-faced environment and effectively manage workload
- Ability to exercise sound judgment with good problem solving and negotiation skills
Supervisor and Leadership Expectations
- Does this role have supervisory or managerial responsibilities? No
- Does this role have budgetary or program management responsibilities? No
Our Culture and Values
Employees that become part of Astec embody the values below throughout their work.
- Continuous devotion to meeting the needs of our customers
- Honesty and integrity in all aspects of business
- Respect for all individuals
- Preserving entrepreneurial spirit and innovation
- Safety, quality and productivity as means to ensure success
Travel Requirements: <5% of travel, regional, international
NOTE: This position is responsible for certain internal control responsibilities. These internal control responsibilities are verbally communicated to the incumbent and periodic feedback is provided as it relates to the performance of these internal control responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - OFFICE
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of injury in an office environment and occasionally a manufacturing shop plant environment. Duties include a typical office setting including extensive computer work, sitting or standing. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Astec does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender (sex), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, citizenship status, a person’s veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law or executive order.