BUILT TO CONNECT
Astec is a global, environmentally focused infrastructure and manufacturing company of asphalt road building and aggregate processing. Our mission is to design and build the most innovative products for the industries we serve. Leveraging innovative solutions and technologies, we serve customers all over the world. This Inventory Control Cycle Counter position is located at Astec’s Yankton, South Dakota site formerly known as Kolberg-Pioneer.
Key Activities & Responsibilities of this Inventory Control Cycle Counter Role
- Conduct scheduled physical counts of inventoried material in specific areas of the company and generates count reports.
- Reconcile result of physical counts with system records.
- Determine root cause of count variances (i.e. material pulled by line and not recorded, material handling transfer error, bill of material inaccuracy, etc.) and proactively collaborate with other departments to remediate the issue and prohibit future occurrences
- Post vetted cycle count adjustments in ERP system.
- Independently analyze count variances and propose plans for rectification.
- Essential role in the preparation for and execution of yearly physical inventory counts.
- Prepare cumulative inventory adjustment reports and other data as required by Accounting, Material Planners, Supply Chain, etc.
- Must be able to work effectively with other departments on problem resolution.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Epicor or Oracle ERP system experience
- Utilize RF equipment to perform necessary product moves in the system.
- Forklift experience
- Must be able to count, multiply and divide
- Physical inventory and cycle counting experience.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs., walk and stand for long periods of time
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- 0-2 years of experience required.
- Starting Wage Range of $20 to $25 per hour
- Benefits Start Day 1
- Earn PTO every month
- 9 Paid Holidays + 1 Floating Holiday
Inventory Control Cycle Counter Work Schedule
- Monday – Thursday: 12:30 P.M. to 1:30 A.M.
View full job description at astecjobs.com